Key Development Areas
The Madison Growth Plan identifies six Key Development Areas (KDAs) within the City:
- County Line Road (from Highway 72 to I-565)
- Midtown & Downtown (Historic Madison Station)
- Highway 72 (the corridor from Slaughter Rd. to County Line Rd.)
- Madison Boulevard | I-565 (including Office, Research & Industrial Areas)
- Old Madison Pike (from Shelton Road to the east City boundary)
- Western Growth Area (most of Madison within Limestone County)
These KDAs were the subject of detailed study by the planning effort since they are the areas most likely, and most amenable, to change and added-value to the City. Led by the Planning Department, but working with many other departments, staff works on a daily basis to add value to these areas (as well as City-wide). These economic development efforts include being aware of available properties, working with real estate brokers, site selectors, developers, and property and business owners to implement the shared vision as described in the Growth Plan.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you whether you are seeking space in Madison or already operating a business here! Please feel free to contact us!